Saturday, February 16, 2013

Angel

Yes, we will call him Angel. He has been my angel in so many ways. Saved me for a few bad situations. Cheered me up, kept me from being lonely, was my best friend for so very long, and my lover. I met Angel a few years ago off of a dating site as well. We went on a date not too long after we started talking and we had a blast together. After that we were kind of inseparable. I spent an enormous amount of time hanging out on his patio with him or curled up on his couch. A lot of times we would be listening to music in the living room singing and dancing together. We were never exclusive, and with time I realized he was dating other women. It hurt, and I spent a little bit of time away from him. I then realized I didn't want to loose what we did have. We talked about it, everything was fine. (although my heart still hurt a bit, c'mon I'm a girl, and I have feelings.)
Angel started drinking heavily, and some heavy stresses started happening in my life. He said the wrong thing at the wrong time and I told him until he was ready to apologize we weren't talking. He is a very stubborn, pigheaded man, who is ALWAYS right. I mean ALWAYS. So, he let me walk away. We didn't speak for 10 months... I missed him horribly. The friendship was a really big deal, he was my confidant. I knew that I could always go to him with anything. Even if he wouldn't agree with me.
So we have gotten to be friends again. My little family and his little family even spent Christmas Eve together. Very casually, of course.
(This should be said...I am very open with the people in my life. If I love you I tell you. I am an honest person. If you don't say it back I don't care, that doesn't hurt me. At least you know that I love you. I don't smother people with it. But I tell my friends that I love them occasionally. Just the way it is. So occasionally I have told Angel that I love him. Eh, whatever.)
So we are talking through text this week and Angel says 'I love you so much I just can't stand it."
Now I just played it off, because I did't want to deal with it. But he told me he loved me two other times this week and told me he missed me almost every single night. He has also asked me 'why he can't get me out of his head?'

I don't get it. Angel has changed his tune? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment